Brenton announces 2012 – 2013 Scholarship RecipientsJun 24, 2013
Brenton, powered by ProMach, is proud to announce the recipients of this year’s Brenton Scholarships, which recognize outstanding academic achievement among children of employees at its Center for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence – home to Brenton, Currie by Brenton and Orion manufactured products. Eight exceptional high school seniors will each receive a $250 scholarship. The scholarships go to students who currently attend or plan to attend a two- or four-year college or university, or technical school and have a GPA of 2.8 or above.
Brenton started the scholarship program in 1994 as a memorial to Ray Faber, an employee who passed away of cancer in May of 1994. The program continued to distribute one scholarship each year until 1996 when a second memorial scholarship was created in the name of Doug Weber, another valued employee who passed in 1995 of an aneurism. Since 2001 the Brenton Scholarship program has expanded the amount of scholarships distributed each year to include all eligible children of full-time Brenton employees. Since the program’s inception, 85 scholarships have been awarded.
“These scholarships recognize children of Brenton employees for their academic excellence and should be celebrated by our community,” said Ryan Kirksey, Brenton General Manager. “We are thrilled to congratulate and reward them for what they’ve already accomplished, and we look forward to watching them progress as future leaders in whatever careers they choose.”
The 2012 – 2013 recipients of the Brenton Scholarships are:
- Chad Peterson, attending University of MN – Twin Cities, son of Gloria and Greg Peterson
- Kevin Setterstrom, attending North Dakota State University, son of Dave and Carla Setterstrom
- Tyler Koep, attending MSU Moorhead, son of Kevin and Debra Koep
- Madison Groettum, attending South Dakota State University, daughter of Jim and Carmen Groettum
- Colin Domek, attending Alexandria Technical College, son of Jeff Domek
- Jordan Wallin, attending Rasmussen College, son of Jeff and Cindy Wallin
- Cole Johnson, attending Ridgewater College, son of Melissa and Michael Johnson
- Laura Pappenfus, attending North Iowa Area Community College, daughter of Larry and Beth Pappenfus
Orion manufactures automatic and semi-automatic stretch wrapping equipment, offering the most comprehensive line of cost-effective pallet wrapping solutions at unparalleled value. As a leader in heavy-duty industrial stretch wrapping technology, Orion is dedicated to creating durable and film efficient machines without compromise to the safety and security of each pallet load. Orion is a product brand of ProMach, a global leader in packaging line solutions. As part of the ProMach Robotics & End of Line business line, Orion helps our packaging customers protect their reputation and grow the trust of their consumers. ProMach is performance, and the proof is in every package. Learn more about Orion at www.OrionPackaging.com and more about ProMach at www.ProMachBuilt.com.
Media ContactJohn Eklund | 1-704-944-5340
← Back to Press Releases